- School, Park, and Bike trail Patrols
- Community Events and Festivals
- Safety Presentations
- Traffic control and scene management during emergencies
- Senior wellness checks
- Vacation checks
- Clerical/ Office Support
To apply for the Cadet Program simply complete the Application form and background waiver available HERE. Please note all areas must be completed or have Not Applicable (N/A) information in order to be processed.
The completed forms can be brought to the Police Department, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Winters Police Department
ATTN: Cadet Program
702 Main Street
Winters, California 95694
What happens next?
After completing your Program Application, there are three steps to the application process:
Step 1) Application Review and Background Check
Your application will be reviewed. The background check includes a review of the applicant’s criminal history and driving record (if applicable). References listed by the applicant will be contacted to determine the applicant’s suitability to become a member of the Winters Police Department Cadet Program.
Step 2) Interview and Fingerprinting
The applicant will be contacted to establish a time for an interview. The applicant will also be given information regarding contacting the Winters Police Department Record Division to schedule Live Scan fingerprinting.
Step 3) Acceptance or Non- Acceptance
All applicants will be notified by mail of their acceptance or non-acceptance to the program.
- Cadets must be between 15 and 21 years old (participants between the ages of 15 and 17 must have parental permission).
- Participants enrolled in school should have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
- Cadets must complete a Winters Police Cadet Program Application, pass a background check and oral interview.
- Cadets must commit to serving a minimum of 8 hours a month.
Funding for the Cadet Program
The Winters Police Department Cadet Program is a volunteer program funded via a mix of Community Fundraising and budgeted expenses by the Police Department.
Donations to the Winters Police Cadet Program can be accepted at the Winters Public Safety Facility front lobby at 702 Main Street Winters, CA 95694. If using a check, please note Winters PD Cadets in the memo line.