CHP Cannabis Tax Fund Grant Program (CTFGP)
The Winters Police Department would like to thank the California Highway Patrol for awarding us a 2021/2022 CHP Cannabis Tax Fund Law Enforcement Grant (CTFGP). The primary purpose of the CTFGP is for education and enforcement of driving under the influence (DUI).
The Winters Police Department will be utilizing the CTFGP for:
- Training Officers in Standardized Field Sobriety Test Training (SFST’s)
- Training Officers in Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving (ARIDE)
- Training Officers in Drug and Alcohol Recognition (DRE)
- Training Supervisors in DUI Check Point Planning and Management
- Partner with the Winters High School staff and students, Winters Fire Department, and CHP to conduct the “Every 15 Minutes” program at Winters High School
- Conduct a “Q&A” assembly with Winters High School students about impaired driving and driving under the influence of alcohol and or marijuana
- Participate in the “Red Ribbon Week” program at local elementary schools
- Purchase and equip a police vehicle dedicated to DUI and traffic enforcement
- Conduct community meetings to discuss the CTFGP and alcohol and marijuana laws
The progress of our CTFGP goals will be posted periodically to our social media platforms.
Any questions regarding the CTFGP can be sent to Winters Police Department Sergeant Jose Hermosillo by clicking HERE.