Payment for fees and services may be made by cash, check or credit card (an additional fee may be charged for credit card use).
For additional information, please contact the Administrative Coordinator at (530) 795-2261 ext 120.
Alarm Permits are required for initial installation of an alarm $28.00.
Please fill out the form linked below. If you have a question regarding an alarm permit please call (530) 794-6723.
Concealed Weapon Permits
More information regarding the application process can be found on the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office website by clicking HERE.
Copy of Records
If you would like a copy of a police report, please fill out the form linked below. If you have a question regarding obtaining a copy of a report please call (530) 794-6725.
Copies of arrest reports must be obtained from the Yolo County District Attorney's Office.
Copy of Records/ Calls for Service $28.00
- Event Banner refundable $125 deposit (contact department for availability and details)
Please see City Hall for road closure requests, event center bookings, and amplified music/sound permits. Be advised, only non profit groups may apply for the temporary 1 day ABC License Letter.
- Live Scan or Ink Fingerprint Rolling Service Fee $57.00
- Accepted forms of payment are Cash, Check, or Credit Card. Please note there are additional fees when paying by credit card, the fees are posted at the front counter of the Police Department.
- Live Scan Service may require an additional Department of Justice fee be collected if there is no billing information on your Live Scan Application paperwork. This fee is governed by the Department of Justice and will vary depending if you need to be checked state wide (DOJ), nation wide (FBI), or both. Please click HERE for a current fee list assessed by the Department of Justice.
- For a full list of locations providing Live Scan Fingerprinting in California, please click HERE
- If you have any questions, please contact the front office at (530) 795-4561 ext 123.
Officer Court Time for Civil Subpoena
- Service includes deposit of $275 for sworn personnel or $150 for non sworn personnel credited to the following items: Personnel costs to Officer, Travel costs to Officer, Cost of meal if more than 6 hours, Administrative fee of 1 hour
Recreational Vehicles and Trailers
RV Temporary Habitation Permit $28.00
Trailer Parking Permit $28.00
- Requires a photo ID
- The records check letter is not a substitute for fingerprinting and does not provide court dispositions
- The letter checks contact within the Winters Police Department jurisdiction only, if you have lived in multiple locations a records check letter must be provided from each law enforcement jurisdiction to the agency requesting a records check letter.
Ticket Sign Off and VIN Verification
- Ticket Sign off /fix it ticket
- $15.00 for tickets issued by an outside agency
- There is no charge for Winters PD citations
- After having a ticket signed off, a fee must still be paid to the Court. Phone numbers for the court can be found at the bottom or on the back of the ticket for more information regarding court fees and methods of payment.
- VIN Verification $25.00
- Department of Motor Vehicle Forms can be obtained at the Department of Motor Vehicles or online.
Tow Release Fees
Tow fees must be paid to the public safety jurisdiction where the tow took place.
- Abandoned Vehicle Tow Admin Fee $113.00
- Impounded Vehicle Hearing Release Fee $179.00
- Private Property Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Fee $326 (+ Tow Company Fee)
- Repossessed Vehicle Tow Admin Fee $15.00
- Vehicle Tow Administration Fee $85.00
Vehicles can only be released to registered owners with a photo identification. If the registered owner is not available, a notarized letter from the registered owner authorizing pick up may be substituted.
If the vehicle has been towed due to a no registration violation, you must provide proof of registration or a one day moving permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
If the vehicle has been towed due to an unlicensed or suspended driver violation, you must bring 2 licensed drivers with you to pick up the vehicle (one driver who brought you to the department and one driver to take possession of the released vehicle).