The program is administered by Cadet Program Director Officer Letterman and Coordinator CSO Andrea Gonzalez.
For more information regarding the Cadet Program please contact Cadet Program Director HERE.
To apply for the Cadet Program please complete a Cadet Application form and background waiver by clicking HERE.
The Cadet Program is currently Open and is accepting new applications at this time. If you are interested in being added to our waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All lines must be completed. If an item does not apply, indicate “not applicable” (N/A)
- Give complete information, including first, middle, and last names
- Sign the forms in the appropriate places. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), your parent/guardian must sign the application and any other required forms as a condition of your participation.
- Intentional withholding of information or falsification of information on this application will result in immediate denial of acceptance. If the applicant is accepted and falsification is discovered, the Cadet will be dismissed without recourse and may be disqualified from any future participation.
- Applications can be submitted online to email@example.com, brought to the Police Department front counter, or mailed to: Winters Police Department ATTN: Cadet Program 702 Main Street Winters, California 95694
- Once your application is received, you will be contacted for an interview date.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- Participants must be between 15 to 21 years of age (participants between the ages of 15 and 17 must have parental permission).
- Participants must be enrolled in school with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA through 12th grade.
- School transcripts must be enclosed with the application. Proof of grades will be required to be presented to the Cadet Coordinator quarterly.
- Cadets must attend four consecutive bi-monthly meetings and complete orientation in order to be accepted into the program.
- Within four weeks of acceptance, Cadet must possess a Winters Police Department Cadet Uniform. Uniforms will remain at the Winters Police Department, unless being cleaned.
- Within a month of acceptance into the program, Cadet must complete the orientation meeting.
- Complete a two-month probation period.
- Cadets must commit to serving a minimum of 8 hours a month. If, at any time, Cadet is not able to meet the requirements of the program, they shall contact Cadet Coordinator regarding opportunities in the Volunteer Program or separation from the Cadet program.
- Successfully pass a background investigation, including, but not limited to: Criminal history check, DMV history check, and contact with listed references.
- Successfully pass an oral interview.
All of the above requirements are taken into consideration when considering an applicant. None of the above are intended to be an automatic disqualification. If special circumstances exist that should be considered during the application period, contact the Cadet Coordinator.
The Winters Police Department Cadet Program is a volunteer program funded via a mix of Community Fundraising and budgeted expenses by the Police Department.
Donations to the Winters Police Cadet Program can be accepted at the Winters Public Safety Facility front lobby at 702 Main Street Winters, CA 95694. If using a check, please note Winters PD Cadets in the memo line.