The Winters Fire Department performs building fire inspections as well as site and systems plan reviews in unincorporated and incorporated areas in Winters.
Prior to scheduling your inspection, please contact the Yolo County Building Inspection Division to obtain information regarding the process and any specific forms needed.
Typically there are 2 forms regarding inspections:
- Fire District Fee (GH032) online Form (available the Yolo County Building Inspection Division)
- Building Inspection School, Fire, and Service District Fee (GH010) online Form (available the Yolo County Building Inspection Division)
Once the county process is completed, for buildings in the unincorporated area please bring a completed Fire District Fee (GH032) Form and a $1,000 check payable to the Winters Fire Protection District to the Winters Fire Department located at 700 Main St Winters, CA 95694 to fill out and sign the Fire District Fee form.
Once the above process is completed, please schedule a fire inspection for a new building, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note inspections are subject to fulfillment of City of Winters and/or Yolo County requirements and forms, more information is available below:
The installation of fire sprinkler systems in one and two-family dwellings in the County of Yolo shall conform to the latest conditions of NFPA Standard 13D and the following local requirements where NFPA Standard 13D and the local standards conflict, the local standards shall prevail. Plan check and field inspection for residential fire sprinkler installation within the unincorporated area of Yolo County will be handled by:
- City of Davis – Tim Annis (530) 757-5684 , 530 Fifth Street Davis, CA 95616
- Woodland/Springlake – Jose Colin (530) 661-5859 , 300 First Street Woodland, CA 95695
- Winters – Jesus Marquez (530) 795-4131 , 700 Main Street Winters, CA 95694
- West Plainfield – Bill Heins (530) 756-0212 , 24901 County Road 94B Davis, CA 95616
Additional Contact Information
For more information regarding fire inspection requirements in Winters incorporated areas, please contact the City of Winters Building Division by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-794-6708.
For more information regarding fire inspection requirements in Winters unincorporated areas in Solano County, please contact the Solano County Building Inspection Division.