Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS)
To apply for the Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) Program please complete a Volunteer Application form and background waiver by clicking HERE.
- All lines must be completed. If an item does not apply, indicate “not applicable” (N/A)
- Give complete information, including first, middle, and last names
- Sign the forms in the appropriate places
- Intentional withholding of information or falsification of information on this application will result in immediate denial of acceptance. If the applicant is accepted and falsification is discovered, the Volunteer will be dismissed without recourse and may be disqualified from any future participation.
- Applications can be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org, brought to the Police Department front counter, or mailed to: Winters Police Department ATTN: Volunteer Program 702 Main Street Winters, California 95694
- Once your application is received, you will be contacted for an interview date.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- Participants must be at least 16 years old (participants between the ages of 16 and 18 must have parental permission) and live or work in the City of Winters
- Participants enrolled in school must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA through 12th grade.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from family members, teachers, etc.
- Commit to serving a minimum of 16 hours a month.
- Within four weeks of acceptance, Volunteers must possess a Winters Police Department Volunteer Uniform. Uniforms will be provided by the Winters Police Department.
- Within a month of acceptance into the program, Volunteer must complete the orientation meeting.
- Complete a two-month probation period.
- If, at any time, Volunteer is not able to meet the requirements of the program, they shall contact the Volunteer Coordinator regarding other opportunities in the Volunteer Program or separation from the Volunteer program.
- Successfully pass a background investigation, including, but not limited to: Criminal history check, DMV history check, and contact with listed references.
All of the above requirements are taken into consideration when considering an applicant. None of the above are intended to be an automatic disqualification. If special circumstances exist that should be considered during the application period, contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
For more information regarding the Winters Police Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) please email email@example.com